Hygiene and Sanitation Measures to Reduce Risks of COVID-19
Below are the preventive measures we have implemented to reduce the risk of COVID-19 in the operations of Bahía Aventuras. The measures taken are based on the guidelines posted by the Costa Rican Tourism Board (ICT), as well as the guidelines established by the Marino Ballena National Park.
- Communicate the sanitation plan to collaborators and providers through messages, emails as well as with infographics, videos and social media posts
- Communicate the sanitation plan to customers through emails in confirmation of tours, social media posts, and on our website
- The site has posters indicating preventive measures to be followed by customers
- We have signage to maintain the distance between social bubbles as well as collaborators
Preventive Measures in Operations Center:
- Before the entry of collaborators and customers, floors, door handles, sanitary services, dispensers, chairs and tables are disinfected
- Station for shoe disinfection and hand washing at the entrance to the operations centerRecord customers data in logbook
- All personnel must wear masks or face protector
- Take the temperature before entry and record it in logbook
- Signage to keep distance in areas such as reception office, waiting room and hallways to bathrooms
- 50% capacity in offices and waiting room (for as long as the Costa Rican Ministry of Health indicates)
Preventive Measures on Boats and Marine Tours:
- The crew must wear a mask
- Separate container for proper handling of hazardous wastes and gloves protecting personnel
- Disinfect seats,snorkeling equipment,lifejackets , handrails and roof before each tour and deep washing after each tour
- On board, disinfectant/hand sanitizer will be available for the hands of customers and crew
- The meals for the tours will be individually sealed after placed in disinfected containers
- Snorkeling masks are replaced by clean ones in case of more than one snorkeling session..
- 50% capacity and bubble separation of 2 meters (6 feet)
Contingency Plan for Active COVID-19 Cases (Collaborators and Customers):
- We have protocol of action in case a collaborator or client shows symptoms compatible with COVID-19
- Follow-up of the guidelines indicated by the Ministry of Health for the management of disinfection of sites with possible contagion
Note: The guidelines to be followed in the protected areas are still pending: Corcovado National Park . Once these site is open they will be added to our protocol .
Watch the video that shows a summary of preventive measures
Click to download the preventive measures in PDF :
We want to share with you some important tips, recommendations, and information approved by the Ministry of Health and the Costa Rica Tourism Institute related to the Coronavirus .
Click on each link below :
COUNTRY INFORMATION : Costa Rica has made significant progress in preparing for the reopening of international airports. However, there is a healthcare reality that has warranted the Ministry of Health’s extension of the closure of Costa Rica’s borders in order to control the spread of the virus within the country. We understand and respect this reality.
BORDERS OPENING ON AUGUST 01:
- The Costa Rican government extended the border closure to all foreigners until July 31. Airports will be open on August 01,2020 for international travels . The country will allow flights from UK ,European Union and Canada in the first stage of reopening .