Hygiene and Sanitation Measures to Reduce Risks of COVID-19
Below are the preventive measures we have implemented to reduce the risk of COVID-19 in the operations of Bahía Aventuras. The measures taken are based on the guidelines posted by the Costa Rican Tourism Board (ICT), as well as the guidelines established by the Marino Ballena National Park.
- Communicate the sanitation plan to collaborators and providers through messages, emails as well as with infographics, videos and social media posts
- Communicate the sanitation plan to customers through emails in confirmation of tours, social media posts, and on our website
- The site has posters indicating preventive measures to be followed by customers
- We have signage to maintain the distance between social bubbles as well as collaborators
Preventive Measures in Operations Center:
- Before the entry of collaborators and customers, floors, door handles, sanitary services, dispensers, chairs and tables are disinfected
- Station for shoe disinfection and hand washing at the entrance to the operations centerRecord customers data in logbook
- All personnel and clients must wear masks
- Take the temperature before entry and record it in logbook
- Signage to keep distance in areas such as reception office, waiting room and hallways to bathrooms
- 50% capacity in offices and waiting room (for as long as the Costa Rican Ministry of Health indicates)
Preventive Measures on Boats and Marine Tours:
- The crew and clients must wear a mask
- Separate container for proper handling of hazardous wastes and gloves protecting personnel
- Disinfect seats,snorkeling equipment,lifejackets , handrails and roof before each tour and deep washing after each tour
- On board, disinfectant/hand sanitizer will be available for the hands of customers and crew
- The meals for the tours will be individually sealed after placed in disinfected containers
- Snorkeling masks are replaced by clean ones in case of more than one snorkeling session.(apply only for snorkeling tour at Cano Island).
- 80% capacity on boats and bubble separation of 2 meters (6 feet)
Contingency Plan for Active COVID-19 Cases (Collaborators and Customers):
- We have protocol of action in case a collaborator or client shows symptoms compatible with COVID-19
- Follow-up of the guidelines indicated by the Ministry of Health for the management of disinfection of sites with possible contagion
Note: The preventive measures and guidelines for the Corcovado tour are still pending. Once these site is open they will be added to our protocol .
Watch the video that shows a summary of preventive measures
Click below to download the preventive measures document in PDF :
We want to share with you some important tips, recommendations, and information approved by the Ministry of Health and the Costa Rica Tourism Institute related to the Coronavirus .
Click on each link below :
BORDERS INFORMATION :
- EUROPE : Tourists from UK & European Union are allowed to enter since August .
- NORTH AMERICA : As of September 1, 2020, U.S. citizen tourists who are residents of New York, New Jersey, Maine, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Vermont may enter Costa Rica on limited flights departing from the United States. Citizens from CANADA are allowed to enter Costa Rica since August .
- All passengers wishing to enter Costa Rica on a flight will need to present the results of a negative test for COVID-19 taken within the past 48 hours, complete an epidemiological form, and provide proof of health insurance.